Sunday, June 13, 2010

HindiTransliteration (c# and JavaScript implementation, works offline)

When I was in college, I wrote a quick and dirty code to transliterate in Hindi (DevNagari Script). Much before Google's Implementation.
{This code was kept on my old desktop PC,I Thought, its a good idea to share with the rest of the world}



Though my implementation is not very robust, but Its very simple and small. It does not require any Internet connection and can work offline.

Note: code was originally written in C#.net and converted to javascript latter.
Here is C#.net Code(solution zipped)

You need to call function
DoTransLitrate(str)
Where str(as input): Phonetically typed (in English) Hindi .
Returns: Hindi in Devnagari script.


Using JavaScript Code
Get the JavaScript File from here include in your html page and call function
DoTransLitrate()
  DEMO  

No comments:

Post a Comment